- BookCourier Featured in the Wall Street Journal (9/9/08, "High
Technology for Low Vision"), this portable reading device converts text files to speech and
plays audio files as well. We designed, developed, and manufactured this product. Then we
sold it to end-users and provided ongoing service and maintenance to our clients. For further
details, visit www.bookcourier.com.
- Blood Glucose Meter SDI added speech capabilities to an existing consumer product
so that a low-vision user could operate it. In the process, we developed a chip set that will
speech-enable any consumer product. We're currently looking for other products that would
benefit from this technology. Give us a call if you'd like to make your product talk.
- Optical storage software We've developed optical storage
management software for network servers.
- Optical disk file system We've also developed and modified
the file system software used in optical disk imaging systems.
- Image retrieval and display system The transportation industry
used this Microsoft Windows-based system to automate their work flow process.
- Flash memory management system SDI developed a flash
memory management system and file system.
- Voice recorder We developed this 8051-based voice recorder using
hardware voice compression and flash memory for storage.
- Handheld data collection and display device SDI designed and
coded the operating system kernel, display, touch pad, and PCMCIA support drivers for a handheld
data collection and display device.
- Operating Room Camera We designed and developed the motion
control subsystem for this device.
- Multimedia device drivers SDI has developed numerous multimedia
device drivers for use in speech recognition systems.